Dr. Jeff M. Allen
My scholarly passion is workforce innovation in our growing global knowledge economy. Specifically, how to foster wisdom in individuals during all aspects of societal interaction. Additionally, the role of self-learning, personal learning networks, problem-based learning, and mass customization in knowledge acquisition and transfer within the broad context of performance innovation and information literacy.
Scholarship w/ Colleagues
- Allen, J., Bracey, P., Aguilar, M., Zimmerman, T. (in press). Supporting Workforce Wisdom in a Global Economy. In Claretha Hughes (Ed.), Handbook of Research on Attracting, Maintaining, and Balancing a Mature Workforce, Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Turner, J., Allen, J., Bracey, P. (2019) Multilevel Theory Development and Dissemination. In V. Wang (Ed.), Scholarly Publishing and Research Methods Across Disciplines (pp. 184-212). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-7730-0.ch009
- Alumneh, D., Allen, J., & Hawamdeh, S.(Eds.). (2017). Knowledge Discovery and Data Design Innovation. Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific.
- Allen, J. [Editor] (2018). Performance Improvement Quarterly, 31(1).
- Allen, J. M. and Turner, A. (2017), Transforming Leaders, Troubleshooting Job Design, and Performance Support. Perf Improvement Qrtly, 30: 91–92. doi:10.1002/piq.21247
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Brazos Bend State Park; Needville, TexasDecember 7, 2020 This race was my “A” race for the year and preparation started in January 2019 after my 2nd Ironman race (IM Florida). I signed up for the race on the first day … Continue reading
Colorado Bend State Park; Bend, TexasAugust 3-4, 2019 I write these for my future examination and my coach (Ben Drezek). I hope you enjoy – please ignore the errors…it’s a train of thought rather than a monograph. This was race … Continue reading
Brazos Bend State Park; Needville, TexasApril 6, 2019 This race is a precursor to the Brazos Bend 100 in December 2019 (100 miles) and was a much anticipated test race to helptweak my training. I’ve run three 50k and one … Continue reading
Haines City, Florida November 4, 2018 The month leading up to this race was crazy. Hurricane Michael came through Panama City Beach Florida and created havoc. The race was cancelled on November 3rd and moved to Haines City Florida on … Continue reading
Huntsville, Texas February 10, 2018 Finish Time: 11:49:39 Preparation: Knob Hill (50k) race was my last long run in preparation for this 50-mile attempt. I gathered a couple inconvenient foot problems (blisters) coming out of the 50k with three weeks … Continue reading
Lake Hefner,Oklahoma September 17, 2018 This is a complete report with Part 1 integrated into this race report…. After the last race I stated: “Continue to trained harder and longer with more bricks – the long distance is fitness, fitness, … Continue reading
Edmond,Oklahoma June 25, 2017 I’m breaking this blog into Part I and Part II. Why? There’s a lot of “thinking that happens” during taper week of a race – a lot of race plans are finalized. After the last race … Continue reading